I love pancakes (who doesn’t?) but normally, I try to avoid wheat products unless inevitable, like when trying some kickass delicious cake outside or something. At home, I like to keep my meals as paleo as possible (generally, no grains and sugar). I was thrilled to find a banana “pancake” recipe and delighted that it actually doesn’t taste as gross as it sounds!
In fact, I found myself craving for the taste sometimes.
For anyone who wants a guilt free pancake, here you go!
- 1 Banana (medium – large)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground almonds (optional)
- Cooking oil
- Toppings (raw honey, almonds, peanut butter etc)
- Mash up bananas.
- Mix in eggs
- Combine with whisk or blender until well mixed
- Add ground almonds if desired and baking powder. Mix well
- On medium low heat, pan fry the pancakes in a greased skillet until baking powder is activated.
- Flip and cook till pancakes are set.
- Serve with toppings if your choice. I like raw honey, almonds and peanut butter.
- If there aren’t enough eggs used the pancakes would not set. Do ensure that you do not add too much bananas.
- I like to add ground almonds for extra flavour and to make the batter thicker, for easier setting.