It’s been a while since I last posted a recipe and today I’ve made something which I feel is worthy of a blogpost. This recipe is one of the few totally healthy and clean desserts which also happen to taste absolutely good – better than the unhealthy version in fact! I am not saying this because I close one eye on the taste just because it’s healthier, but it’s really REALLY good! This is sort of like a pudding because it’s somewhat firm, but not really because it’s not that solid. It’s somewhat like a mousse because of the texture but not really because it’s not very light and has no egg whites.
This is completely dairy free with no eggs, cream or milk and it’s the first time chocolate without dairy tasted so good to me! Coconut oil is essential in this recipe because it solidifies the whole mixture to make it into a mousse/ pudding. The coconut oil gives it the divine coconut taste too, which is half the reason why it tastes so good. Do not scrimp on the coconut oil – use one which tastes good. I topped it with raw cacao nibs and desiccated coconut and the combination can’t be better!
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1.5Tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1.5Tbsp Organic Raw Honey
- 1.5Tbsp Valrhona Cocoa Powder
- A pinch of salt
1. Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth (this can be tough and messy because the mixture is very thick)
2. Transfer to container and chill for at least 1h.
3. When serving top with raw cacao nibs/ pistachios /coconut flakes or any topping of your choice.
4. ENJOY!! Side notes: you can vary the amount of each ingredient to your liking (more sweet, more chocolate-y, more coconut-y).
- The raw cacao nibs I bought were slightly sweetened with coconut palm sugar, which I find is a quite a good combination.
- I like Valrhona but you can use raw cacao powder if available.
- I personally like that coconut oil I have; it’s so tasty I can actually drink the oil!